TRIANGULAR (TPS) PROSTATE STENT
Allium TPS Stent is a temporary implant designed for transurethral placement in the male prostatic urinary tract diagnosed with Bladder Outlet Obstruction (BOO) in order to open the obstructed pathway and provide spontaneous urination. The stent consists of a super-elastic spiral coated with a copolymer. TPS has a triangular body that fits into the prostatic urethral lumen and a bulbar anchoring segment to prevent displacement. After insertion into the prostatic urethra with the help of a delivery system, the stent is released to allow self-expansion. The stent is designed to stay in place for up to 3 years.
- Thanks to its special design, it provides wide lumen opening and reduces tissue discomfort.
- It eliminates the possibility of repetitive intervention, thanks to its long-term stay. Therefore, it provides comfort to the patient for a long time and reduces the cost.
- Thanks to its unique polymeric coating, it prevents tissue in-growth; reduces stone formation, crusting and calcification.
- Thanks to the high flexibility of the stent, it provides minimal irritation and maximum patient comfort.
- Thanks to the radial force in the stent body, excellent stent fixation is achieved and it adapts to the patient’s anatomy.
- With the radiopaque markings on the stent tips, it is easily placed and positioned correctly.
- Special anchors placed in the stent body with a trans-sphincteric wire protect the sphincter’s function while reducing the possibility of stent migration.